One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The defensive players in a formation that employs four defenders, typically two center backs and two full backs.‘Darwen's attacks were dealt with excellently by the back four’‘the back four were very solid’
- ‘Nowhere was this steely resolve more in evidence than among Burnley's back four.’
- ‘I think he looks fitter and stronger and he caused problems for West Ham's back four.’
- ‘As a back four, they are as good as any in Europe.’
- ‘Bonagee then pushed everybody forward in search of an equaliser but they never really troubled the Crystal back four.’
- ‘We kept the ball very well on what was a difficult pitch, and I thought our back four were outstanding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.