One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An antibiotic typically used topically for skin and eye infections.
- ‘If the area of affected skin is limited, mupirocin is an effective topical therapy; it was more effective than the other topical antibiotics studied (i.e., neomycin, bacitracin, polymyxin B, and gentamicin).’
- ‘Applying a small amount of antibiotic ointment, such as bacitracin, is optional.’
- ‘Topical antibacterial agents such as 1% silver sulfadiazine or bacitracin are applied and then covered with gauze pads.’
- ‘For the main shelter, my first aid kit includes polymyxin B / neomycin / bacitracin, diphenhydramine for allergic reactions, and 100 percent pure tea tree oil.’
- ‘Results of randomized studies assessing the efficacy of triple antibiotic ointment (e.g., polymyxin, bacitracin and neomycin) are indeterminate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.