An antibiotic typically used topically for skin and eye infections.
- ‘Topical antibacterial agents such as 1% silver sulfadiazine or bacitracin are applied and then covered with gauze pads.’
- ‘Results of randomized studies assessing the efficacy of triple antibiotic ointment (e.g., polymyxin, bacitracin and neomycin) are indeterminate.’
- ‘For the main shelter, my first aid kit includes polymyxin B / neomycin / bacitracin, diphenhydramine for allergic reactions, and 100 percent pure tea tree oil.’
- ‘If the area of affected skin is limited, mupirocin is an effective topical therapy; it was more effective than the other topical antibiotics studied (i.e., neomycin, bacitracin, polymyxin B, and gentamicin).’
- ‘Applying a small amount of antibiotic ointment, such as bacitracin, is optional.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.