One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An antibiotic typically used topically for skin and eye infections.
The drug is obtained from the bacterium Bacillus subtilis
- ‘For the main shelter, my first aid kit includes polymyxin B / neomycin / bacitracin, diphenhydramine for allergic reactions, and 100 percent pure tea tree oil.’
- ‘Applying a small amount of antibiotic ointment, such as bacitracin, is optional.’
- ‘If the area of affected skin is limited, mupirocin is an effective topical therapy; it was more effective than the other topical antibiotics studied (i.e., neomycin, bacitracin, polymyxin B, and gentamicin).’
- ‘Results of randomized studies assessing the efficacy of triple antibiotic ointment (e.g., polymyxin, bacitracin and neomycin) are indeterminate.’
- ‘Topical antibacterial agents such as 1% silver sulfadiazine or bacitracin are applied and then covered with gauze pads.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.