One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A party given for a woman who is about to get married, typically one attended by women only.
- ‘Oh, and if anyone wants to join us the Friday before the wedding for a night of debauchery and celebrating, I'll be hosting a pre-wedding bachelor / bachelorette party.’
- ‘Because the bridal shower and bachelorette party are aspects of the wedding preparation the bride usually has little control over, she'll have the pleasure of not stressing about them.’
- ‘Truth be told, I've never volunteered for anything other than scheduling spa treatments for my friend Cami's bachelorette party.’
- ‘A spa retreat bachelorette party is a great solution.’
- ‘There was no way Chad and Shirley wanted any thing like this for a bachelor and bachelorette party.’
- ‘Mad's bachelorette party is tonight (different from the bridal shower), and I have an hour and a half between work and that to fill.’
- ‘It was supposed to be the typical El Cerrito, California, bachelorette party.’
- ‘On kind of a whim Friday night, I made polvorones, or Mexican Wedding Cakes, for the next night's bachelorette party.’
- ‘Tomorrow was Angela's wedding to her fiancé, and everyone knows what that means: bachelorette party.’
- ‘The bachelor and bachelorette party should be whatever the couple whose parties they are want, provided that the details of each are acceptable to both.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.