One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A party given for a woman who is about to get married, typically one attended by women only.
- ‘Oh, and if anyone wants to join us the Friday before the wedding for a night of debauchery and celebrating, I'll be hosting a pre-wedding bachelor / bachelorette party.’
- ‘The bachelor and bachelorette party should be whatever the couple whose parties they are want, provided that the details of each are acceptable to both.’
- ‘Because the bridal shower and bachelorette party are aspects of the wedding preparation the bride usually has little control over, she'll have the pleasure of not stressing about them.’
- ‘Tomorrow was Angela's wedding to her fiancé, and everyone knows what that means: bachelorette party.’
- ‘There was no way Chad and Shirley wanted any thing like this for a bachelor and bachelorette party.’
- ‘Mad's bachelorette party is tonight (different from the bridal shower), and I have an hour and a half between work and that to fill.’
- ‘It was supposed to be the typical El Cerrito, California, bachelorette party.’
- ‘A spa retreat bachelorette party is a great solution.’
- ‘Truth be told, I've never volunteered for anything other than scheduling spa treatments for my friend Cami's bachelorette party.’
- ‘On kind of a whim Friday night, I made polvorones, or Mexican Wedding Cakes, for the next night's bachelorette party.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.