[treated as singular or plural] Any of a number of ornamental plants that bear small, buttonlike, double flowers.
- ‘Those tiny lifeless-looking seeds you hold in your hand - wrinkled washed-out peas, minute flecks of lettuce, smooth bean pellets, feathery ‘parachutes ‘of bachelor's buttons - are alive.’’
- ‘Many mixes contain common annual flowers, such as bachelor's buttons and cosmos because they are likely to self-sow.’
- ‘During warm-weather months, bachelor's buttons, black-eyed Susans, and calendula line the compound's walls.’
- ‘I direct seed bachelor's buttons, bupleurum, bells of Ireland, coreopsis, zinnias, some sunflowers and more.’
- ‘Many flowers like bachelor's buttons, violas, calendula, pansies, & roses are edible as well as beautiful.’