One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Individual cobs of corn that have been harvested when very small and immature, eaten as a vegetable.
- ‘All dishes were served with a simple, but perfectly-cooked selection of veggies: buttered new potatoes, mange tout, carrots and baby corn.’
- ‘The choices included tasty macaroni salad, a rice salad dressed with olive oil, baby corn, pickled beets and some chopped, crisp romaine.’
- ‘The water chestnuts went with the baby corn and straw mushrooms very well, and the cream cut the chilli heat to perfection.’
- ‘These pizzas filled with juicy tomatoes, olives, baby corn and crunchy capsicum are topped with mushrooms, crispy onions and melting cheese to give that tingling taste.’
- ‘In the vegetarian section, there is tender corn, baby corn, panneer, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, green peas, phool makhana, mushrooms, potatoes, vegetable koftas and more to choose from.’
- ‘The proposed land comprising 50 hectares is situated 12 km from the Waterfalls farm and was to be used for the production of coffee, paprika, baby corn and peas.’
- ‘Here, wrapped in plastic, are small clusters of perfect baby corn and mange tout from plantations in Kenya.’
- ‘The Thai vegetables with peanut sauce came in a little bowl containing baby corn, mushrooms, bamboo, and other veggies including, I think, fresh fig.’
- ‘Baby corn can be grown fairly easily without chemicals.’
- ‘This came on a sizzling platter with carrots, cauliflower, baby corn and asparagus spears.’
- ‘The farmers grew a mixture of export crops including mange tout peas, sugar snap peas and baby corn.’
- ‘Cool and mix with broccoli, asparagus, baby corn, thinly sliced red capsicum, thinly sliced water chestnuts and shallots.’
- ‘Also good were spinach noodles tossed with baby corn, scallions and snow peas.’
- ‘His mouth opened in astonishment as he saw her raise on a cocktail toothpick a piece of baby corn.’
- ‘The soup was extremely salty and filled with tofu, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, baby corn, and carrots.’
- ‘Granted, baby corn is a specialty item best to dress up a farmers' market display or a fancy salad bar.’
- ‘They offer dishes like butter baby corn, American baby corn masala, and the seasonal mango corn mix.’
- ‘It has brought in drip-irrigation technology to the drought-prone region to grow baby corn, gherkins, tomatoes, paprika and other vegetables over an area of 80 hectares.’
- ‘He said the five products included baby carrot, baby squash, baby corn, baby marrow and asparagus.’
- ‘But the alternating of water falling from the sky and hot sunshine has been great for my baby corn.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.