Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for B cell
- ‘The measles virus has been shown by researchers to be present in the tumor cells of patients suffering from Hodgkin's lymphoma, a cancer of the body's antibody-producing B-lymphocytes.’
- ‘The antibody on B-lymphocytes recognizes and binds foreign proteins, polysaccharides, or lipids in soluble form.’
- ‘The appendix, in conjunction with other parts of the body which also contain cells called B-lymphocytes, manufactures several types of antibodies.’
- ‘Those cells that may eventually become potentially cancerous produce abnormal protein, which triggers the B-lymphocytes to form an army of antibodies to destroy the mutated cancer cells.’
- ‘Some of the immature cells remain in the bone mar row for the rest of their development, however, and they become B-lymphocytes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.