Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The less important side of a pop single record.
other side, reverse side, back, rear, underside, wrong side, flip side, versoView synonyms
- ‘It starts with the band's earliest singles, A- and B-sides laid next to one another.’
- ‘The B-sides of this single carry the day, actually building on the off-kilter rock of ‘Pin’, turning the jittery, brittle nerves to some good use after all.’
- ‘A lovingly compiled compendium of hard to find B-sides, rarities and re-mixes, it effectively cleared the way for the great leap forward represented by the latest album - The Cure.’
- ‘Colour Me Pop was BBC2's Sixties all-colour pop series which featured many top artists of the day playing album tracks and B-sides as well as their singles.’
- ‘Many of the additional offerings are B-sides from the singles which, as might be expected, fall short of the standard set by the original tracks.’
- ‘Music To Climb The Apple Tree By was originally released as the singles and B-sides portion of the Beat Happening box set, but it stands as a nice little compilation on its own.’
- ‘That said, I suppose if you're going to include two B-sides from a notable single release it can't hurt to have the single itself in to provide some context, particularly if you've got three discs to fill.’
- ‘The best track, however, is the previously unreleased I Don't Want To Go Blind, which did feature as a B-side on one single, and which features a raw vocal from Basil Clarke, before bursting into a typically smooth chorus from Hingley.’
- ‘Many, such as ‘Pretty Ballerina’ and ‘Shama Lama Ding Dong,’ appeared as B-sides of Mellencamp singles.’
- ‘Chronicling a period which found the band at their most experimental, and featuring a must-have second CD of remixes and B-sides, this is the type of musical tour-de-force reserved for only the greatest bands.’
- ‘Through 10 unreleased B-sides and remixes, Duplaix lays out an atmospheric and sensual collection that is completely his own.’
- ‘Released in the UK last June on indie Kin, this domestic edition on Domino Records wisely includes a bonus disc of B-sides and remixes.’
- ‘Oh You're So Silent Jens, his new collection of previously released singles and B-sides, is a marvel of pure songcraft.’
- ‘A Little Less Conversation first appeared in one of Presley's movies in the 1960s and as the B-side to his 1968 single, Almost in Love.’
- ‘Singles, B-sides and album tracks released between 1993 and 1995 make up the top 29.’
- ‘Though still fiercely independent, they've embraced their new pop status and assembled a stop-gap record filled with B-sides, rarities and a couple of new cuts.’
- ‘That is, the majority of these songs were released as B-sides on her important singles.’
- ‘Yeah, it seems like eventually songs end up on some B-sides collection or single anyway, but can something like this backfire on you down the road?’
- ‘Why, I remember back in the day when indie bands from the UK would cut more tracks than what would fit on the album, and then release those tracks as the B-sides on various singles.’
- ‘Whatever the answer, it's a good time for Lali Puna, one of the spiritual parents of the current wave of synth-poppers, to release a collection of B-sides and remixes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.