Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A low-budget movie, especially (formerly) one made for use as a companion to the main attraction in a double feature.[as modifier] ‘a B-movie actress’
- ‘On the whole, it is in pretty good condition for a B-movie from 1963.’
- ‘It comes across as a glossy knock-off of a B-movie revenge flick.’
- ‘What's the hardest part of being an actress in B-movies?’
- ‘Still, the tightly paced story and competent direction gives the film a level of professionalism comparable to American B-movies of the time.’
- ‘This exhilarating resistance to romanticism or psychologizing is balanced by the film's vast scope and its B-movie energy.’
- ‘Though it turned out to be quite a creepy B-movie, the film is not up to the quality of the book.’
- ‘Fans of the slasher genre and B-movies are encouraged to check it out.’
- ‘I'm a B-movie geek, I own about one thousand titles in my personal collection - all kinds of movies.’
- ‘What is generally left is a lifeless B-movie adaptation, generously plot-holed and lacking any sort human element or any degree of excitement.’
- ‘This was meant to be a drive in movie exploitation flick that nods its head in admiration for the B-movie genre.’
- ‘Tim died before he could be rediscovered, still reduced to playing bit parts in paltry B-movies.’
- ‘Let me take a moment to remind everyone that I judge this movie in terms of its under-the-radar B-movie brethren.’
- ‘Maybe with a better cast, this film would circumvent its B-movie roots.’
- ‘Then again, considering how close many noir B-movies come to self-parody, it can be difficult to identify the line of demarcation.’
- ‘Although the direction is sure-handed, the film never really transcends B-movie status.’
- ‘It seems as though Anne taught herself to walk and talk by watching American B-movies.’
- ‘Some may have thought it strange that I could just drop what I normally do and make something like a B-movie.’
- ‘The first half of the movie plays like a typical B-movie expedition.’
- ‘These photographs project an air of cool objectivity, and with their serial format (most are either diptychs or triptychs), they read like films - B-movies in particular.’
- ‘He works staunchly within the independent B-movie horror milieu, so you might not be as familiar with his work.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.