A synthetic crystalline organic compound used chiefly in dye manufacture.
- ‘The majority of quantitative reports have involved azobenzene, styryl or thioindigo structures, which undergo a cis-trans isomerization when photolyzed.’
- ‘In general, the isomerization occurs somewhat slower and exhibits a more disperse temporal behavior than for azobenzene.’
- ‘The ultrafast photodynamics of azobenzene were investigated in numerous experimental and theoretical studies.’
- ‘Similar picosecond time constants and spectral signatures have been observed for the cooling of a number of dye molecules including azobenzene.’
- ‘Ampb peptides are a new class of molecules where the photoisomerizable dye azobenzene is linked to the peptide moiety via a flexible methylene spacer.’