Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A synthetic crystalline organic compound used chiefly in dye manufacture.
- ‘The majority of quantitative reports have involved azobenzene, styryl or thioindigo structures, which undergo a cis-trans isomerization when photolyzed.’
- ‘In general, the isomerization occurs somewhat slower and exhibits a more disperse temporal behavior than for azobenzene.’
- ‘The ultrafast photodynamics of azobenzene were investigated in numerous experimental and theoretical studies.’
- ‘Similar picosecond time constants and spectral signatures have been observed for the cooling of a number of dye molecules including azobenzene.’
- ‘Ampb peptides are a new class of molecules where the photoisomerizable dye azobenzene is linked to the peptide moiety via a flexible methylene spacer.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.