Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Symmetrical about an axis.
- ‘In this paper an axisymmetric conical shell foundation has been analysed by Nonlinear Finite Element Method.’
- ‘The finite element method has failed to replace the conventional SSI method in the laterally-loaded pile problem because the lateral load is not axisymmetric.’
- ‘Perfect aperture circularity is necessary to obtain an axisymmetric liquid curvature.’
- ‘Three-node triangular axisymmetric elements were used for spatial discretization of the plasma.’
- ‘The cell interior was discretized in space with 4/1 quadrilateral axisymmetric mixed (u/p) solid elements.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.