One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A colored bracelet worn to raise awareness of a particular cause.
- ‘The popularity of the "awareness bracelet", a coloured wristband, is growing.’
- ‘Examples include signing internet petitions, the wearing of wristbands("awareness bracelets") with political messages, joining a Facebook group, posting issue-oriented YouTube videos or taking part in short-term boycotts such as Buy Nothing Day or Earth Hour.’
- ‘Another awareness bracelet, a purple one imprinted with the letters "NOLA" and a fleur-de-lis, was created by the Tulane sophomore and his sister, a senior.’
- ‘Sporting exclusive red awareness bracelets, the players will help to raise awareness of Geoff's fundraising campaign and the vital research that has helped save thousands of lives.’
- ‘Started by Tour de France legend and testicular-cancer survivor Armstrong to benefit his research and advocacy foundation, the awareness bracelet as a fund-raising tool has since been copied across the nation by scores of churches, schools, charities, and sports organizations - with a color for every cause.’
- ‘To celebrate the anniversary the programme is launching Newsnight awareness week, with fetching awareness bracelets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.