One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The breeding and rearing of birds.
- ‘It was fitting that an award honoring a superb supporter of aviculture should go to such a superb bird.’
- ‘Red-winged parrots are best kept in a breeding situation since their numbers in American aviculture are quite small.’
- ‘Also included are the topics of natural history and aviculture.’
- ‘The ability to establish a technique for age estimation in wild birds will provide far-reaching benefits to aviculture, ornithology, and science in general.’
- ‘In recent times, the Solomon Island eclectus has become well-known in aviculture.’
- ‘Possibly the most visually striking of all of the South American psittacines, the hawk-headed parrot, Deroptyus accipitrinus, is becoming more common in aviculture.’
Late 19th century: from Latin avis ‘bird’ + culture.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.