One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A female pilot.
airman, airwoman, flyer, aeronautView synonyms
- ‘By that time, the aviatrix had gone on to produce an exhibition and command the Women's Air Training Corp during World War II.’
- ‘Berlin's story was typical twenties fluff about a dashing Wall Street financier and a madcap aviatrix aboard a luxury liner, made topical by a plot twist involving the 1929 crash.’
- ‘Updated to the 1930s, Isabella becomes a daring aviatrix.’
- ‘It should be noted that the lecturer alluded in his account to the passage of the American aviatrix Amelia in these waters of the Pacific during her attempted around the world flight.’
- ‘In As White as in Snow, Troell, now 70, tells the true story of Elsa Anderson, the first Swedish woman to become an aviatrix.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.