One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Negative reinforcement involves the removal of an aversive stimulus that also results in an increase in the future frequency of a behavior, and often involves escape or avoidance responding.’
- ‘He understands what really are the reinforcers and aversive stimuli in the everyday lives of everyday people, like you and me and him and Skinner and Abraham Lincoln and George Washington.’
- ‘Stated otherwise, the aversive consequences of continuation of the pattern are so intense, that aversive consequences will be accepted to eliminate the pattern.’
- ‘For example, if organism A sees organism B running in obvious alarm, A will probably avoid aversive consequences by running in the same direction.’
- ‘Through our strong aversive reactions to substances such as feces, decaying meat, corpses, and other bodily waste, we police the boundaries of our body from contamination every day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.