One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of behavior therapy designed to make a patient give up an undesirable habit by causing them to associate it with an unpleasant effect.
- ‘This infamous film, withdrawn by the director during his lifetime, deals with the questionable effects of aversion therapy on a violent teenage rapist.’
- ‘For example, mild aversion therapy followed by positive reinforcement may be effective.’
- ‘The most common treatment (from the early 1960s to early 1970s, with one case in 1980) was behavioural aversion therapy with electric shocks.’
- ‘Out of the 29 patients who had been through aversion therapy, only one considered himself as heterosexual.’
- ‘Some examples of rehabilitation programs are psychological/behavioral modification, aversion therapy, and detoxification.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.