One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Characterized by or associated with a lack of blood vessels.
- ‘Chronic wounds, such as pressure ulcers, can sustain bacterial balance and resist infection if well cared for and kept free of necrotic avascular tissue.’
- ‘The areas with aggregates of cavernous-type blood vessels alternated with avascular zones.’
- ‘We believe that these results represent a promising beginning for the potential of a cell-based therapy to repair a tear in the avascular inner third of the meniscus.’
- ‘Defects of the hip's cartilage can be caused by osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, avascular necrosis, and trauma.’
- ‘She had undergone a right hip replacement because of avascular necrosis of the femoral head associated with use of corticosteroids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.