One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Characterized by or associated with a lack of blood vessels.
- ‘She had undergone a right hip replacement because of avascular necrosis of the femoral head associated with use of corticosteroids.’
- ‘Defects of the hip's cartilage can be caused by osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, avascular necrosis, and trauma.’
- ‘Chronic wounds, such as pressure ulcers, can sustain bacterial balance and resist infection if well cared for and kept free of necrotic avascular tissue.’
- ‘We believe that these results represent a promising beginning for the potential of a cell-based therapy to repair a tear in the avascular inner third of the meniscus.’
- ‘The areas with aggregates of cavernous-type blood vessels alternated with avascular zones.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.