One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When the conversation shifted away from him for a moment he glanced avariciously around the dining hall.’
- ‘As China sheds its cultural opposition to consumerism, decadence and so on, it is quickly and avariciously making the move from commodity manufacturing to rolling-out consumer brands.’
- ‘TV dramas and shows are partly to blame for this trend if people pursue money avariciously.’
- ‘She enjoyed deciphering the strange pictures, and soon avariciously poured over the manuscripts.’
- ‘I especially liked the way that PC looked avariciously at it last night and said ‘Ohhh, where did you get that?’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.