A verb used in forming the tenses, moods, and voices of other verbs.See also modal verb
- ‘On Block Two print auxiliary verbs, such as ‘should,’ ‘would,’ ‘might,’ ‘can,’ ‘will,’ and ‘did.’’
- ‘Because in French there is no auxiliary verb corresponding to our English ‘did ’.’
- ‘Most of the functions of the old subjunctive have been taken over by auxiliary verbs like may and should, and the subjunctive survives only in very limited situations.’
- ‘Bosnian uses fewer auxiliary verbs than English, and Bosnian speakers may be puzzled by questions in English, in which the auxiliary verb comes before the subject, as in ‘Did you eat?’’
- ‘Such words include pronouns, auxiliary verbs, conjunctions, and prepositions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.