One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device that automatically advances the film in a camera after a picture has been taken.
- ‘The camera has an autowinder interface that allows for continuous shooting, at a rate of 2 frames per second.’
- ‘I had a snag with one of my autowinders, but got it fixed (I hope).’
- ‘Many newer cameras with autowinders built-in don't have a film advance lever.’
- ‘We were not using motors or autowinders which were rarities in the military for photojournalist at that time.’
- ‘Cameras should be fitted with autowinders to allow quick enough succession of photographs.’
- ‘Built-in autowinders also eliminate the give-away of having just taken a picture… being seen winding on to the next frame.’
- ‘I like the built in autowinder, but I wish it had a manual winder as a safety backup.’
- ‘A magnet is supported upon the L-shaped trigger arm and actuates the autowinder function within the housing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.