Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An electrical transformer that has a single coil winding, part of which is common to both primary and secondary circuits.
- ‘If this is actually an autotransformer, then you do not have a separate primary and secondary winding.’
- ‘This line of autotransformers offers cost effective and reliable means of AC blower motor speed control.’
- ‘They can build autotransformers to any voltage and current required.’
- ‘I am planning to build a 4 input volume control device using an autotransformer and remote control.’
- ‘Always connect the autotransformer after the power switch and fuse of the equipment it is installed in.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.