One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The hypnotic or subconscious adoption of an idea that one has originated oneself, e.g. through repetition of verbal statements to oneself in order to change behavior.
- ‘Lately I have been quite involved in developing and delivering sessions on self-affirmation and auto-suggestion.’
- ‘The book delineates how we can call upon focusing techniques, imagery, body awareness and many other types of auto-suggestion in order to practice efficiently, overcome performance fears and find our expressive voice.’
- ‘In my view, the methods of self-training based on professional military traditions may include: self-persuasion, self-commitment, self-exercise, emulation, auto-suggestion, self-control and introspection.’
- ‘Indeed, you can never really be 100% sure that even the most audacious results you have seen with your own eyes were not perhaps a strange confluence of self-hypnosis, auto-suggestion or coincidence.’
- ‘Today many fields of industry such as sports and medicine are using positive auto-suggestion because the changes it creates are bringing unprecedented results.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.