One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With the freedom to act independently.‘each canton in Switzerland operates almost autonomously’
- ‘Our identities are socially imposed, not autonomously created.’
- ‘NASA successfully ground-tested technologies that will enable unmanned spacecraft to rendezvous autonomously.’
- ‘It may have been better for them to continue autonomously as a private school, but this is a decision they must live with.’
- ‘We are reminded that European countries did not grow autonomously.’
- ‘Professional workers expect to act autonomously, requiring a greater need to ensure that they act in unison with the organization.’
- ‘Plans for drones that could be directed autonomously present the military with a dilemma.’
- ‘Where the guilds could still run their own affairs autonomously, they did not depart one jot from the traditional system.’
- ‘The arena contains a charging station, where the robots can autonomously recharge their batteries.’
- ‘Engineers are working on a giant, synthetic, robo-jellyfish, which one day could autonomously patrol the high seas.’
- ‘He has patterned his life on the ideal of the artist who must speak autonomously of social, economic, or cultural systems of dominance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.