One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of the nervous system responsible for control of the bodily functions not consciously directed, such as breathing, the heartbeat, and digestive processes.
- ‘The sympathetic nerves control circulation and perspiration and are part of your autonomic nervous system.’
- ‘The hormones of the HPA axis exert their effect on the autonomic nervous system, which controls such vital functions as heart rate, blood pressure, and digestion.’
- ‘It works by monitoring the body's feedback and controlling the autonomic nervous system, which regulates involuntary bodily functions such as heart rate, sweating, and breathing.’
- ‘These small muscles in the blood vessels are controlled by the autonomic nervous system.’
- ‘The body's regulatory processes are controlled by a system known as the autonomic nervous system.’
- ‘Alterations in emotional expressivity are associated strongly with the autonomic nervous system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.