One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A feature of certain amplifier circuits which gives a constant output over a wide range of input levels.
- ‘Images were collected without automatic gain control in order to preserve the relative intensity of different animals' fluorescence.’
- ‘One full spectrum was recorded followed by 3 MS / MS spectra on the LTQ instrument, automatic gain control was applied and the collision energy was set to the arbitrary value of 35.’
- ‘The microphone did not have automatic gain control.’
- ‘The devices have to have an automatic gain control circuit to work with this, but no special software or an operating system.’
- ‘Other features include automatic gain control, silence suppression and encryption.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.