One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Convert (a process or facility) to largely automatic operation.‘industry is investing in automating production’‘a fully automated process’
mechanized, mechanical, automated, push-button, preprogrammed, computerized, electronic, robotic, unmannedView synonyms
- ‘These tools automate manual processes and substantially streamline our business.’
- ‘He built and released to the world the design of a robot that automates the process of putting DNA samples into gene arrays.’
- ‘Much of the process is now automated, and the banks have given an undertaking that they will respond within five days.’
- ‘It is relatively easy to see a trading pattern, but the challenge comes in trying to fully automate the process.’
- ‘It worked with a number of the leading chains to develop a system that automates the reimbursement process for pharmacies.’
- ‘The company also offers project management tools that automate the marketing process.’
- ‘Over the past few years, solutions have appeared on the market for automating the business processes that companies use on a day-to-day basis.’
- ‘The company was well on the way to automating the whole process, from ordering online and cutting the panels to delivery of the final product.’
- ‘The IT Department decided to look for a solution that would automate this entire process.’
- ‘The good news is that a growing range of new tools and techniques can help companies automate the process.’
- ‘Apparently having this done manually is extremely costly, so there's considerable incentive to automate the process as much as possible.’
- ‘Paying a gas bill or checking a credit card balance can now be a wholly automated process, for example.’
- ‘They use it to automate a process that people do manually everyday: exchange contact information.’
- ‘Thus, the project's goal was to create a toolkit to automate this process.’
- ‘In some situations, automating a process can change the role of human involvement and eliminate the risk of mistakes.’
- ‘An agency's online reservation software automates the tedious process of creating receipts, invoices, confirmations, vouchers and more.’
- ‘True e-commerce involves developing a partnership that redefines and automates the purchasing process.’
- ‘Some sites are even automating the process for operators.’
1950s: back-formation from automation.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.