One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Poisoning by a toxin formed within the body itself.
- ‘The concept of autointoxication gains support from several case studies suggesting hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis are effective in the treatment of psoriasis.’
- ‘It is a simple chemical, and a viable hypothesis is that autointoxication by similar molecules may cause sporadic diseases.’
- ‘If the liver is overworked or not functioning properly, it can't convert toxins into waste matter for elimination, and you can end up literally poisoning yourself - a process called autointoxication.’
- ‘Not the least intimidating of the cures for autointoxication was surgery, colectomy to be precise.’
- ‘Upon her arrival, she is diagnosed as having ‘an acute case of autointoxication and neurasthenia, brought on by the loss of a child.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.