Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Poisoning by a toxin formed within the body itself.
- ‘The concept of autointoxication gains support from several case studies suggesting hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis are effective in the treatment of psoriasis.’
- ‘If the liver is overworked or not functioning properly, it can't convert toxins into waste matter for elimination, and you can end up literally poisoning yourself - a process called autointoxication.’
- ‘It is a simple chemical, and a viable hypothesis is that autointoxication by similar molecules may cause sporadic diseases.’
- ‘Not the least intimidating of the cures for autointoxication was surgery, colectomy to be precise.’
- ‘Upon her arrival, she is diagnosed as having ‘an acute case of autointoxication and neurasthenia, brought on by the loss of a child.’’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.