One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Poisoning by a toxin formed within the body itself.
- ‘The concept of autointoxication gains support from several case studies suggesting hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis are effective in the treatment of psoriasis.’
- ‘It is a simple chemical, and a viable hypothesis is that autointoxication by similar molecules may cause sporadic diseases.’
- ‘Upon her arrival, she is diagnosed as having ‘an acute case of autointoxication and neurasthenia, brought on by the loss of a child.’’
- ‘If the liver is overworked or not functioning properly, it can't convert toxins into waste matter for elimination, and you can end up literally poisoning yourself - a process called autointoxication.’
- ‘Not the least intimidating of the cures for autointoxication was surgery, colectomy to be precise.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.