Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to disease caused by antibodies or lymphocytes produced against substances naturally present in the body.‘the infection triggers an autoimmune response’
- ‘With disease progression, the autoimmune response of the disease may become more difficult to suppress.’
- ‘In autoimmune diseases, antibodies attack the body itself.’
- ‘It can occur by itself or with other, common autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.’
- ‘Rheumatoid arthritis is a systemic inflammatory autoimmune disease of unknown cause.’
- ‘It is associated with autoimmune illnesses, including rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘The result is an increased risk of autoimmune diseases, in which your immune system attacks your body's own cells.’
- ‘The findings may provide new approaches for treating cancer and autoimmune diseases.’
- ‘Patients with autoimmune liver disease, drug-induced hepatitis and alcoholic liver injury were excluded.’
- ‘Another common autoimmune rheumatic disease in which the skin is often injured is lupus erythematosus.’
- ‘Patients with this primary immunodeficiency disorder are at risk for autoimmune diseases and cancer.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.