One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of zither with a mechanical device that allows the playing of a chord by damping all the other strings.
- ‘The autoharp strums a single chord every 2 bars in the verse, but in the chorus changes chords.’
- ‘The least accessible track is the second, which takes a dense swirl of autoharp and guitar notes and slowly submerges them in an organ drone that rises over the course of 12 minutes.’
- ‘She strums an old autoharp as she croons some of the best country tunes from the '40s.’
- ‘She plays a small stringed instrument called an autoharp, but it is her voice that makes this a memorable record.’
- ‘To the left is Big Al on mainly double bass and autoharp.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.