Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An autobiography.‘Arthur Miller's splendid autography, Timebends’
- ‘It also covers autographies of the late Chinese leaders of the older generation.’
- ‘She, on the other hand, preferred biographies and autographies.’
- ‘This is the oldest collection at the University, and houses over 100,000 manuscripts and autographies spanning time from the 8th century to the present.’
- ‘Included were 74 paintings, eleven drawings and etchings, nine autographies and several personal souvenirs.’
- ‘They should try and bequeath us their memoirs, autographies or a collection of their speeches to enable us benefit from their experience, knowledge and wisdom to serve as a guide to the present and future generations.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.