One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of relaxation therapy involving autosuggestion.
- ‘One tape was produced specifically for the study and included four commonly used modalities: deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, autogenic training, and imagery.’
- ‘After the patient has mastered progressive relaxation, he or she is taught autogenic training and practices it for two to three more sessions with the same physiologic monitoring.’
- ‘This paper describes the application of autogenic training to patients diagnosed with cancer, with the aim of increasing their coping ability.’
- ‘He recommends at least 20 minutes a day of relaxation, visualization, meditation or autogenic training.’
- ‘Moreover, and unsurprisingly, most of the positive results were obtained in the case of various relaxation techniques such as autogenic training, yoga, meditation, hypnosis, and so on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.