Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A form of relaxation therapy involving autosuggestion.
- ‘One tape was produced specifically for the study and included four commonly used modalities: deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, autogenic training, and imagery.’
- ‘He recommends at least 20 minutes a day of relaxation, visualization, meditation or autogenic training.’
- ‘After the patient has mastered progressive relaxation, he or she is taught autogenic training and practices it for two to three more sessions with the same physiologic monitoring.’
- ‘This paper describes the application of autogenic training to patients diagnosed with cancer, with the aim of increasing their coping ability.’
- ‘Moreover, and unsurprisingly, most of the positive results were obtained in the case of various relaxation techniques such as autogenic training, yoga, meditation, hypnosis, and so on.’
autogenic training/ˌôdəjenik ˈtrāniNG/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.