Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A form of relaxation therapy involving autosuggestion.
- ‘Moreover, and unsurprisingly, most of the positive results were obtained in the case of various relaxation techniques such as autogenic training, yoga, meditation, hypnosis, and so on.’
- ‘This paper describes the application of autogenic training to patients diagnosed with cancer, with the aim of increasing their coping ability.’
- ‘He recommends at least 20 minutes a day of relaxation, visualization, meditation or autogenic training.’
- ‘One tape was produced specifically for the study and included four commonly used modalities: deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, autogenic training, and imagery.’
- ‘After the patient has mastered progressive relaxation, he or she is taught autogenic training and practices it for two to three more sessions with the same physiologic monitoring.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.