One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Catalysis of a reaction by one of its products.
- ‘It seems that amino acids are indeed the result of autocatalysis.’
- ‘By autocatalysis or autocatalytic evolution he refers to ‘intrinsically driven and self-propelled’ biological change.’
- ‘The most distinctive property of the gene, said Muller, is its capacity for self-propagation, or autocatalysis, whereby it converts some of the surrounding cytoplasmic material into an end product identical with itself.’
- ‘That is, we would need to know the exact concentration of the photoproducts in order to determine the rate constant for autocatalysis.’
- ‘He had begun a study of prion autocatalysis in yeast and became interested in the significance of polymorphisms in human genes that encode molecules involved in drug transport and metabolism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.