One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ecological study of an individual organism, or sometimes a particular species.Contrasted with synecology
- ‘However, little is known of the biology and autecology of Clitoria.’
- ‘Of these five species of woodland winter annuals, only C. verna has received much attention with regard to autecology.’
- ‘It seems unlikely that any of these aspects of their autecology accounts for differences between them either in geographical distribution or habitat ecology.’
- ‘It is obvious that a single data point may not be representative of the overall autecology of this species.’
- ‘Nevertheless, given the high similarity in the autecology of these two species, historical factors must have played a big role in shaping their ecology and geographical distribution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.