One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A window shade made from fabric shirred in puffy frills or pleats.
- ‘A very classic style, roman shades are the simpler cousins of Austrian shades and balloon shades.’
- ‘Many people think Austrian shades are fussy and unruly, but in the right circumstances they can enhance a room.’
- ‘We can provide soft shades in several styles including Roman shades, balloon shades, and Austrian shades.’
- ‘Austrian Blinds or Austrian shades are in reality a curtain, and are made up as such.’
- ‘You don't want to know the difference between big frilly Roman shades and fluffy Austrian shades?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.