One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A window shade made from fabric shirred in puffy frills or pleats.
- ‘You don't want to know the difference between big frilly Roman shades and fluffy Austrian shades?’
- ‘Many people think Austrian shades are fussy and unruly, but in the right circumstances they can enhance a room.’
- ‘A very classic style, roman shades are the simpler cousins of Austrian shades and balloon shades.’
- ‘We can provide soft shades in several styles including Roman shades, balloon shades, and Austrian shades.’
- ‘Austrian Blinds or Austrian shades are in reality a curtain, and are made up as such.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.