One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘People as far south as Virginia were treated to fantastic auroral displays in the night sky.’
- ‘During auroral light shows, extraneous electric currents would flow through the wires, superseding the normal telegraph currents and making transmission of messages almost impossible.’
- ‘Super-energized particles from the radiation belts and from auroral storms can damage the sensitive electronics of satellites.’
- ‘There was an exceptional auroral glow over the entire sky.’
- ‘Radio waves appear to be tied to the brightest auroral spots.’
- ‘Vivid red auroral rays glowed over all over North America, stretching as far south as Arizona, southern California, Mississippi, and Texas.’
- ‘But, as the team observed, although Saturn's aurora do share characteristics with the other planets, they are fundamentally unlike the auroral displays on either Earth or Jupiter.’
- ‘Nevertheless, the potential exists for periods of strong auroral storm conditions developing during the next several days (at least).’
- ‘A few years ago it was suggested that auroral phenomena could exist on Mars too.’
- ‘Severe solar weather is often heralded by dramatic auroral displays, northern and southern lights, and magnetic storms that occasionally affect satellites, radio communications and power systems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.