One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Measurement of the range and sensitivity of a person's sense of hearing.
- ‘When hearing loss is suspected, a thorough history, physical examination and audiometry should be performed.’
- ‘We assessed hearing with standard audiometry in 479 men aged 20 to 64, who were exposed to noise in their jobs, and 500 randomly selected 18 year old male conscripts born in 1974.’
- ‘Hearing acuity was tested with manual audiometry.’
- ‘Office audiometry is sufficiently sensitive and specific to serve as a screening method.’
- ‘Because ambient noise can affect test performance, especially at lower frequencies, audiometry should be performed in a quiet environment using earphones.’
- ‘Pure tone audiometry revealed a mixed hearing loss with a sensorineural component in the high frequencies.’
- ‘Screening audiometry revealed a mild hearing loss in the majority of children and bilateral loss was present in over 50% of those tested.’
- ‘Children between 6 months and 2 years of age often are tested with visual reinforcement audiometry.’
- ‘Pure tone audiometry is an interactive test where the subject needs to understand the instructions.’
- ‘Hearing in each ear was measured by programmed audiometry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.