Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
usually as modifier Sound, especially when recorded, transmitted, or reproduced.‘audio equipment’‘the machine can retrieve and play audio from a CD-ROM’
- ‘Video and audio footage of Jackson's arrest is released backing up the statement.’
- ‘At that point he activated the in-car audio recording system and decided to call for back up.’
- ‘I'm not a great fan of adding audio to websites, however, as it can make pages load too slowly.’
- ‘When we can sensibly download and store audio files at full spectrum quality, then it will be perfect.’
- ‘In terms of graphics and audio performance the DS is at least half a generation behind.’
- ‘After all, the French government already levies an artist tax on audio and video tapes.’
- ‘It is hoped the resulting audio database will find a home and be accessible to anyone as a living memorial.’
- ‘The messages of the conference were audio recorded and some parts were video taped.’
- ‘The audio examples have not been edited in any way and were recorded as part of a live DJ set.’
- ‘Some key features are lacking, such as an optical zoom lens and the ability to capture video and audio.’
- ‘As a real treat you can download the song here in real audio format to sing along to.’
- ‘It also gave the company the chance to start afresh with new security, and audio and video frameworks.’
- ‘The best approach would be to download an audio version, though you'll miss the visuals.’
- ‘Sales of digital cameras and hard disk audio players rose, helped by the summer holiday season.’
- ‘The encoded audio file is then downloaded onto the recipient's mobile and played.’
- ‘This free software will let you burn audio CDs for use with your normal CD players in the house or car.’
- ‘The audio is also less than spectacular with only a few sound effects in the lineup.’
- ‘The software has no frame size limitations and supports unlimited audio channels.’
- ‘Now podcasting is taking this one stage further, allowing you to download audio files.’
- ‘This also applies to audio equipment in the motor vehicle as well as compact discs.’
1930s: independent usage of audio-.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.