An inn in France or another French-speaking country.
- ‘The auberge is on a hillside overlooking the valley towards Bordeaux.’
- ‘The auberge is on the fringe of a village in the Morvan regional park, in the Burgundy region.’
- ‘These days, Caron spends part of her time overseeing her auberge in Burgundy, some 100 km south of Paris.’
- ‘These days, apparently ‘restored to look as it did in Van Gogh's day, the auberge serves superb French home cooking in a friendly, unpretentious atmosphere’.’
- ‘We're far now from Nouakchott, the capital of Mauritania, a city of heat, dust and sand-coloured auberges’
French, from Provençal alberga lodging.