One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of not being representative of a type, group, or class.‘we would stress the atypicality of the presentation’
- ‘The famous Capital Beltway, the very emblem of atypicality, lies about 50 feet from the terrible new parking garage.’
- ‘As we learned in Intermediate Statistics with "small" samples regarding inferential test statistics, we do run some risk of "atypicality" due to the "small" sample size.’
- ‘Bushy Beach (perhaps the name indicates its atypicality) just south of Oamaru springs to mind.’
- ‘Because increased atypicality is assumed to increase the variance of offers, increased atypicality raises the selling price.’
- ‘The sexual subgroups also differed on a measure of gender atypicality in adulthood.’
- ‘This study examined perceived behavioral atypicality as a predictor of children's school-based adjustment.’
- ‘Judges rated the atypicality of the prosody in samples of conversation from participants in each of the three groups.’
- ‘His atypicality is mild, although he does show a pretty big disparity in his skills.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.