One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A theory that supposes that one attempts to understand the behavior of others by attributing feelings, beliefs, and intentions to them.
- ‘We also discuss the role of attribution theory in understanding the marital distress of these couples.’
- ‘This version of attribution theory has been successfully applied to a range of children and adolescents.’
- ‘However, attribution theory could be used again to supply an alternative explanation: the incumbent may have claimed more of the credit than he or she may have been entitled to.’
- ‘Models of learning from a single experience of an outcome have been adapted from attribution theory.’
- ‘As we know from attribution theory, there is a tendency to focus on the person, not the situation, as the cause of events.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.