One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in lacrosse) a player in an exclusively offensive position.‘Kiernan's skills on offense may be traced to his roots as an attackman before switching to defense’
- ‘The attackman consistently found gaps in the defense, scoring all of his game-high five goals in an eight-minute span.’
- ‘This year's winner made a huge impact on the offensive end of the field, playing primarily as an attackman but also running out of the midfield at times.’
- ‘The attackman from Duxbury tallied three points in the semifinal loss to second-ranked Virginia.’
- ‘The sophomore attackman protects the ball while fighting off a UMass opponent at Jordan Field on Tuesday.’
- ‘All three starting attackmen scored at least one goal for Maryland, as did all three starting midfielders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.