One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Given the way mothers have been atrociously treated, who can blame young women for not being prepared to take the risk.’
- ‘After making my first tuition payment last week, I'm thinking of launching a one-man crusade against the atrociously high cost of higher education today.’
- ‘As I have set out earlier, we have both suffered atrociously in the past and substantially depend on one another.’
- ‘90 per cent of people here drive atrociously.’
- ‘The drinks are atrociously overpriced and under-strong.’
- ‘Factory-farmed chickens are transported and slaughtered under atrociously inhumane conditions, says Weisberg.’
- ‘But she'd told me calmly that I was grounded the whole vacation for behaving atrociously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.