One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the atrial and ventricular chambers of the heart, or the connection or coordination between them.
- ‘The decrease in myocardial oxygen consumption was evidenced by a gradual decline in atrioventricular oxygen difference, indicating a decrease in myocardial oxygen uptake relative to supply.’
- ‘This acts as the heart's natural pacemaker by conveying electrical impulses to the atrioventricular node, which is located in between the upper and lower chambers.’
- ‘Prenatal scanning is now so sophisticated that in Britain over half of all cases of hypoplastic left heart and atrioventricular connections involving a single ventricle are now diagnosed before birth.’
- ‘Thus, after delay in the atrioventricular mode, atrial contraction is followed by rapid and coordinated contraction of the ventricles.’
- ‘Atrial tachycardia with atrioventricular block is typically seen with digoxin toxicity.’
- ‘Right coronary artery procedures are often associated with sinus arrest, atrioventricular block, idioventricular rhythm, and severe hypotension.’
- ‘A 29-year-old woman was admitted to the hospital with complete atrioventricular conduction block and severe congestive heart failure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.