One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a medical or surgical procedure) causing minimal tissue injury.
- ‘The need for medical interventions was also reduced with atraumatic needles: one intervention was avoided for every three patients undergoing lumbar puncture’
- ‘New laparoscopic instruments, such as the ultrasonic dissector and atraumatic grasper, may make minimally invasive procedures feasible for more patients.’
- ‘The procedure offers an atraumatic conduit for the coronary artery bypass procedure and decreases the number of leg wound complications.’
- ‘Although it is a relatively atraumatic procedure, various histologic alterations have been observed in various tissues.’
- ‘They provide thermal insulation to the wound, create a moist wound healing environment, are nonadherent, and provide an atraumatic removal.’
- ‘The success of minimally invasive vein harvesting relies on control of the bleeding, as well as atraumatic harvesting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.