(of a medical or surgical procedure) causing minimal tissue injury.
- ‘They provide thermal insulation to the wound, create a moist wound healing environment, are nonadherent, and provide an atraumatic removal.’
- ‘The success of minimally invasive vein harvesting relies on control of the bleeding, as well as atraumatic harvesting.’
- ‘The procedure offers an atraumatic conduit for the coronary artery bypass procedure and decreases the number of leg wound complications.’
- ‘Although it is a relatively atraumatic procedure, various histologic alterations have been observed in various tissues.’
- ‘New laparoscopic instruments, such as the ultrasonic dissector and atraumatic grasper, may make minimally invasive procedures feasible for more patients.’
- ‘The need for medical interventions was also reduced with atraumatic needles: one intervention was avoided for every three patients undergoing lumbar puncture’