One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for atomic mass
- ‘Atoms of an element that have the same atomic number but a different atomic weight are referred to as isotopes.’
- ‘Finding that the isotopes of neon have atomic weights that are whole numbers vindicated Prout's hypothesis that hydrogen was the basis for all the elements.’
- ‘In general the molecular weight of a molecule is the sum of the atomic weights of its constituent atoms.’
- ‘It has an atomic number of 101 and an approximate atomic weight of 258.’
- ‘Hydrogen is the lightest element, so it provides a convenient unit for measuring the relative atomic weights of the other elements.’
- ‘The sum of the atomic mass of the protons and neutrons determines the atomic mass or atomic weight of the nucleus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.