Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for nuclear power
- ‘But let's remember the same grand claims were made in the past about atomic power enabling electricity so cheap it would be virtually free.’
- ‘Our protests worked and the plans for the atomic power station were dropped.’
- ‘On Saturday, Koizumi will deliver a speech about the future of atomic power at an international conference to be held at the Kurchatov Institute, Russia's top nuclear research body.’
- ‘Grassroots activism was often successful when it challenged the utilities seeking to generate more electricity with atomic power.’
- ‘You don't explain away a near catastrophe at an atomic power plant by saying that it was caused by negligence.’
- ‘Like terrestrial atomic power, space nuclear power has a problematic past.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.