One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The standard time in a zone including the easternmost parts of mainland Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
('Atlantic Daylight Time''ADT') Atlantic time during daylight savings, three hours behind GMT
('Atlantic Standard Time''AST') standard time based on the mean solar time at the longitude 60° W, four hours behind GMT
- ‘The data suggests that joining the Atlantic time zone would reduce Quebec's high rates of depression.’
- ‘Official time is four hours behind Greenwich Mean Time, one hour ahead of Atlantic Standard Time.’
- ‘Kate linked to a story this week in the Mirror that makes a case for Quebec joining the Atlantic time zone.’
- ‘You'd have to schedule meeting times on Atlantic time to get these people to show up; they just don't check their e-mail.’
- ‘To obtain Atlantic Daylight Time, subtract 3 hours from Universal Time.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.