The standard time in a zone including the easternmost parts of mainland Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands, specifically.
- ‘Kate linked to a story this week in the Mirror that makes a case for Quebec joining the Atlantic time zone.’
- ‘Official time is four hours behind Greenwich Mean Time, one hour ahead of Atlantic Standard Time.’
- ‘The data suggests that joining the Atlantic time zone would reduce Quebec's high rates of depression.’
- ‘You'd have to schedule meeting times on Atlantic time to get these people to show up; they just don't check their e-mail.’
- ‘To obtain Atlantic Daylight Time, subtract 3 hours from Universal Time.’