One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for above the line
- ‘I try to allow for a wide range of opinions, including those taking strong exception to the ATL post.’
- ‘Moral certitude of the type exhibited here both ATL and in the comments box leaves no room for shades of grey, personal experience, nuance of any kind, perspective, etc., etc.’
- ‘What does my view on that have to do with the ATL piece?’
- ‘Don't comments get deleted after a short period and then only the original ATL post remains?’
- ‘I would offer to write such a post for you ATL, but as is so obviously clear, I am not "of the right sort" (i.e. you do not agree with everything I say, and others ATL are biased against me).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.