One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The physical qualities that are characteristic of athletes, such as strength, fitness, and agility.‘what he lacks in stature, he more than makes up for with speed and athleticism’
- ‘Her athleticism and grit have made her a champion’
- ‘They watch women's gymnastics and figure skating for the athleticism.’
- ‘The tournament is expected to be one of the most remarkable displays of athleticism that the sport of weightlifting has seen.’
- ‘He should work out with people at his own level of athleticism.’
- ‘I was already exhausted with my unexpected display of athleticism.’
- ‘I was getting noticed for my looks, as well as my intelligence and athleticism.’
- ‘To improve all-round athleticism you also need to develop strength, stamina and flexibility.’
- ‘His bulk and his athleticism gave him, and his team, a massive advantage.’
- ‘The battles are performed with an athleticism that is at times alarming.’
- ‘Players are justifiably esteemed for their amazing feats of athleticism.’
- ‘The dancing, with an emphasis on athleticism, is quite spectacular.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.