One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Tending to promote the formation of fatty plaques in the arteries.
- ‘Overall, the book will provide a helpful resource to new investigators who are studying the atherogenic process and also to scientists in other disciplines.’
- ‘Day-long elevations in triglyceride-rich lipoproteins may be problematic because of the atherogenic nature of these particles.’
- ‘Recent studies have shown that atherogenic lipid profiles are associated with increased risk of ischaemic, but not haemorrhagic, strokes.’
- ‘Overtreatment of multiple hormonal imbalances can cause central obesity and atherogenic and metabolic abnormalities.’
- ‘The authors claim that these findings support the conclusion that interventions improving insulin sensitivity may be beneficial in reducing the atherogenic risk.’
1950s: from atheroma + -genic.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.