One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.‘he is a committed atheist’
non-believer, non-theist, disbeliever, unbeliever, heretic, sceptic, doubter, doubting thomas, agnostic, infidel, irreligious person, heathen, pagan, freethinker, libertine, nihilistView synonyms
- ‘Most of my college professors and intellectual mentors were devout atheists.’
- ‘For years we had people utter a religious oath, even when many of them were atheists or agnostics.’
- ‘One commenter pointed out there was no category for atheists or agnostics.’
- ‘Most agnostics are closer in beliefs to atheists than to theists.’
- ‘These methods of proving the existence of God to an atheist may satisfy some, but not all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.